Educators need help understanding the social-emotional development of their students, particularly when that development is asynchronous to other abilities due to neurodiversity. Therapists in agencies have individual and group supervisions; teachers need more than a staff room to fully process the variety of feelings of hope and frustration that can build up in their work. I provide professional development on best practices, and I coach educators on how to develop a stance and style that can persist in daily effort with intense children (in other words, avoid burnout).
I have provided the following trainings at a variety of schools and institutions:
- Managing Behavior While Enhancing Social Emotional Learning
- What is Autism?
- Effective Communication to Collaborate with Gifted Children
- Empathy Out of the Box: A Nontraditional Approach to Nonviolent Communication
- Wired Differently: How Nonviolent Communication can increase comfort and connection between the neurologically diverse and typical others
- Giftedness in Underserved Populations
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Nonviolent Communication and Restorative Justice
- The Twice-Exceptionality of Asperger’s
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com to schedule a free 15-minute consult. I would love to discuss speaking opportunities and professional development for your team.
Oh! And check out my radio interview about how my training as an engineer informs my approach to therapy and communication.